My next door neighbors and I are both relatively new on our block,
alongside a dozen other houses of families that have been there for
years. Since they moved in this past spring, I have stopped to chat
with them or say hellos while doing yard work, etc. But we never have
intentionally had any time together in a personal way. I decided to
invite them over to do dinner, get to know each other, and then take
them to the TBC Light Show. I'm not much of a chef extraordinaire, so
I prepared my simple fallback recipe: Papa John's. My neighbor's
favorite variety: Hawaiian Pineapple and Ham. We had a great time
getting to know each other, talking about the Lord's direction in our
lives, and learning about each other's backgrounds. When we'd had as
much apple cider as we could handle, we loaded up in the car and
caught the 8:15 Saturday night Light Show. They just LOVED it. As
soon as it finished, they were on the phone with siblings, inviting
them to come see it the next night with their kids. All in all, this
provided a great opportunity for me to forge new relationships with
new neighbors that I know will continue in the future. We already
have a game night planned for next month, this time at their home!
Thanks TBC for this Christmas experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment